If you require any further information you can contact the Data Protection Officer at privacy @ mekitisi.com
1. Definitions and interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- “Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on the website;
- “Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by Onzom Limited when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site. Further details are contained in Clause 5;
- “Data” means collectively all information that you submit to Onzom. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
- “Personal Data” means data relating to a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from that data and other information in our possession). Personal data can be factual (for example, a name, address or date of birth) or it can be an opinion about that person, their actions and behaviour;
- “Mekitisi”, “Omzom LTD “we”, “us, “our” means Onzom LTD of 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU;
- “Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Mekitisi makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
- “Products” means products and services supplied by Mekitisi;
- “System” means any online communications infrastructure that Onzom Limited makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
- “User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Onzom Limited and acting in the course of their employment; and
- “Web site” means any of the following domains https://mekitisi.com and any sub-domains of those sites (eg. example.mekitisi.com) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Types of data we collect and why
2.1 Personal Information. This includes any information that may be used to identify you. Generally, you can browse the website without giving us any personal information. However, when registering up for an account or completing a purchase, any of the following data may be collected:
- Contact information such as email address and telephone number/s
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
We collect this information for a couple of reasons; to send email reminders or updates for services you have or to contact you, to collect payment for services or products due, to contact you if we need to obtain additional information or to check our records are right.
2.2 Automatic, statistical data. We use third party services, including Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information that help us analyse traffic to the website and understand visitor behaviour and needs to make continuous improvements to the site and your user experience. This information includes:
- IP address
- Web browser type and version
- Operating system
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this website, and the site you exit to
- Cookie information (see clause 5 below)
2.3 Any personal data you submit will be retained by Onzom LTD for as long as you use the services or systems provided on the website. Data that you submit through any communications system that we may provide may be retained for a longer period.
2.4 Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to clause 3 below, your data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and/or other companies within our group where you have specifically asked for contact to be made. We do not rent, trade or sell email lists with other organisations and businesses.
3. Third Party Websites and Services
3.1 Onzom LTD may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties to deal with matters including, but not limited to:
- Payment handling
- Delivery of purchased items
- Search engine facilities
- Advertising and marketing
- Customer feedback
3.2 The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal data provided by users of the website. The providers only have access to data that is necessary and relevant.
3.3 Onzom LTD have carried our GDPR due diligence with all of our partners to ensure they are compliant.
4. Access to your data
4.1 Wherever you are required to submit data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that data, including for direct marketing purposes or sharing with third parties.
4.3 You may access your Account at any time to view or amend the data, and you may also need to update your data if your circumstances change. Additional data related to your marketing preferences may also be stored; you can change this at any time.
4.4 You have the right to ask for access to the personal data that we hold. Please email your request to privacy @ mekitisi.com.
5.1 Third-party companies we work with to provide our services and products to you and to run our business.
- Agents, business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and advisers
- Someone linked with you or your business’s product or service.
- Other financial services companies (for example, without limitation), to help prevent, detect and prosecute unlawful acts, money laundering or fraudulent behaviour)
- Accountants (if you have one and have provided your consent to us sharing your information with them)
- Companies you ask us to share your data with
5.2 General business
Third-party companies we use to help grow and improve our business.
- Companies we have a joint venture or agreement to co-operate with
- Organisations that introduce you to us
- Market researchers
- Advisers who help us to come up with new ways of doing business.
- Advertisers and technology providers that you use (such as third-party websites you visit, social networks, and providers of apps and smart devices)
5.3 Sharing anonymised data
In addition to the data sharing listed above, we may share or sell some data to other companies outside Onzom LTD, but only when it is converted so that no-one’s identity can be known or found out and is no longer considered to be personal information under the law (it is anonymised).
6. How long we keep your personal information
We will keep your personal information as long as you are a customer of Mekitisi.
We may keep your personal information for up to 10 years after you stop being a customer.
The reasons we may do this are:
To respond to a question or complaint, or to show whether we gave you fair treatment
To study customer data as part of our own research
To comply with legal rules that apply to us about keeping records.
Last Updated: 09 April 2021
1.1 Onzom LTD may use ‘Cookies’ to receive and store certain details whenever a user interacts with us.
1.2 A ‘Cookie’ is a small text file that is stored by the browser on your computer, tablet or mobile phone. Websites are able to read and write these files, allowing them store things such as personalisation details or user preferences. By providing this “memory” for the website, they enable it to recognise a user and respond appropriately. Each web domain can only access Cookies stored by that specific web domain, meaning that only the Onzom LTD servers can access the Cookies set by the mekitisi domain.
1.3 When visiting a page on the website the following cookies may be created or updated:
1.3.1 Anonymous analytics cookies: Our web analytics software uses this cookie to compile anonymous usage statistics (eg. number of visitors, which pages are visited most etc.). We use this information to measure how well the website is doing and to look for ways to improve your experience.
1.3.2 Third party social cookies: A cookie may be generated on some pages of the website, notably our blog, when a user interacts with the embedded social sharing buttons (eg. Likes, Tweets or 1s a post). These cookies are created by the third party social sites and are used to record the action you’ve taken, such as Liking a page.
1.3.3 Third party advertising cookies: A third party cookie is generated when a user visits the website. We use the cookie to display advertisements for our products and services when the user is surfing the internet. The cookie expires after a period of 30 days.
1.4 You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your web browser. By default, your browser will accept Cookies but this can be altered. For further details on how to do this, please consult the help menu in your browser or the instructions at the bottom of this page.
2. General Information
2.1 Legal basis for processing Personal Data
Mekitisi is the data controller of your Personal Data.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Data described above will depend on the Personal Data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect Personal Data only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the Personal Data to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Data from you.
If we ask you to provide Personal Data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Data is mandatory or not (as well as the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Data). Similarly, if we collect and use your Personal Data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
2.2 Where we store your Personal Data
- if you are in the UK, your Personal Data will only be processed in the UK
- if you are not in the UK, your Personal Data will be transferred to, and processed in the UK
3. Data Security
Data security is of great importance to Mekitisi. To protect your data, we have taken care to put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures in order to safeguard and secure any data collected online. For more information please read our data security policy found here.
4. Data Retention
4.1 We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
4.2 Retention periods vary depending on the type of Personal Data. However, we are legally required to keep basic information about our customers (including contact, identity, financial and transaction data) for six years after they cease being customers, for tax purposes.
4.3 We may also anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes. We can use anonymised information indefinitely without further notice to you.
5. Changes of business ownership and control
5.1 Onzom LTD may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
5.2 In the event that any data submitted by users will be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes. When contacted you will not be given the choice to have your Data deleted or withheld from the new owner or controller (this does not affect your statutory rights).
6. Changes to this policy
6.2 If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please get in touch via privacy @ mekitisi.com and we’ll be happy to help with your query.
7. Can I opt-out?
Yes, with the exception of those cookies that are necessary to provide you with our Services. Your web browser may allow you to manage your cookie preferences, including to delete and disable Stripe cookies. You can take a look at the help section of your web browser or follow the links below to understand your options. If you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site or Services may not operate as intended.
Last Updated: 28 May 2020